July 17, 2010

Time To Give Up

PITTSBURGH, Pa. / July 17, 2010

I never wanted to say this but it is time to give up.

The Pirates are now 30-59 which is a record that most great teams never possess.

We are still one game ahead of the Orioles. Nice.

I was on hand to witness our 5-2 loss to the Astros, my 17th home game of the year, and I can't imagine anyone caring about this team. Maybe that is why I have met zero hot chicks as a result of this blog*.

* I have met several hot chicks. I met one last night. It was not blog related.

This season's mission has officially switched from winning the World Series to trying to lose as many games as possible to get the first draft pick.

With regards to the second goal, our team is built quite well to work towards that objective.

It is sad. It is depressing. To those of us who don't have the courage to commit suicide, it is devastating. But it is life.

The Pirates will not win the 2010 World Series. I am sorry.

We live to fight again.

1 comment:

  1. "It is sad. It is depressing. To those of us who don't have the courage to commit suicide, it is devastating. But it is life." -- Perfect. Hang in there man, look for the positive. When you do land one of those hot chicks you can always point to your devotion to the Pirates as a solid proof that you are a devoted person, and why that lipstick stain on your shirt has nothing to do with cheating.

    ReplyDelete