April 2, 2011

MLB The Show Game #1 Summary - PIT v CHC

For those of you who were looking forward to my Opening Day 2011 MLB 11 The Show prediction, I apologize for not getting around to having the time to write the blog post. I was able to post a game recap on my Twitter feed (@eronmcmillen), so if there is ever a game in which I cannot post to the blog a full recap, check out the tweets for a quick 140 word summary.

In my opening prediction, I was able to call a few things correct. I did foresee a grand slam and a decent start by Kevin Correia. However, in the game prediction, the grand slam came via Marlon Byrd of the Cubs, and unlike the real life game, the Cubbies won 5-1 over the Pirates. Correia (0-1 6.43) pitched 7 innings; giving up 5 runs, all earned, 1 walk and 1 strike out. Jose Veras came in to pitch in relief for 1 inning and sat his batters down in order. Correia's counterpart, Ryan Dempster (1-0 1.00) pitched a complete game giving up 8 hits, 1 run, while striking out 8 and walking no one.

Box score


Prediction v Real World 0-1


Eron is a contributing writer to the PiratesWFC blog. He can be followed on twitter (@eronmcmillen).

No comments:

Post a Comment